Young Investigator Awards
The EBBS_2021 Young Investigator Awards recognize outstanding research accomplishments of 5 young investigators.
Young Investigator Awards are open to all junior investigators who have submitted an abstract as first authors to the EBBS 2021 Annual Meeting and submit their application to be considered for this Award before the award application’s deadline. The awardees will give an oral presentation at the hybrid EBBS 2021 49th Meeting that will be broadcasted online.
The awardees will give an oral presentation on a prime time at the European Brain and Behavior Society (EBBS) 49th meeting. The award also provides complimentary conference registration and in case the awardee travels to the meeting venue a contribution of 350 CHF. Payment/reimbursement will be made after the meeting by bank transfer.
- Candidates must have submitted an abstract as first author to the EBBS 2021 Meeting by May 31st 2021.
- Candidates must have not started their PhD longer than ten (10) years ago at the time of the application. Candidates who have had career disruptions can take them into account (maternity leave: 6-month addition).
- Candidates can be from any country.
- Although EBBS membership* will be considered an asset, candidates do not have to be members* of EBBS, but must register for the Annual Meeting and must be able to present an oral presentation at the Meeting (online or in person). If a candidate is unable to present their work at the Meeting, then the award is forfeited.
- Candidates to this Awards should submit a full application (all documents as a single pdf) to: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 May 2021.
- The application should include:
– A cover letter (max 1 page) that should clearly indicate: name; full affiliation (Department/Institute name; Institution’s name; country); precise PhD starting date (month/year).
– Abstract (and confirmation that it has been submitted to EBBS 2021)
– A 2-page max CV, including information on publications, conferences, prizes
– A brief statement (a copy/paste of an email statement can be enough) by direct supervisor about candidate’s merit for the Award and their oral presentation skills.
* Note that EBBS annual membership fee for Ordinary Members is 40 EUR, reduced to 20 EUR in the case of student memberships, and gives full access to FENS membership. Join EBBS: https://ebbs-science.org/become_member.ph